Thursday, July 31, 2008

31 July 2008

Sunspots Observed

I haven't seen a spot since 30Mar08.

Observing Hours for the Year 2008

 DayNightTotal
HoursDaysAvgHoursDaysAvgHoursDaysAvg
Jan2.2590.252.7550.555.00130.38
Feb3.2590.368.2571.1811.25120.94
Mar5.25100.538.50120.7113.75160.86
Apr6.25190.335.75 70.8212.00190.63
May6.50180.362.25 50.45 8.75180.49
Jun5.25200.2612.00 81.5017.25210.82
Jul5205150.3715.25101.5320.75171.22
TOTAL34.251000.3454.75541.0189.001170.76

Climate Summary for June 2008

The daily high temperature was greater than the normal high temperature 75% of the time and the low temperate was higher than the normal low temperature 78% of the time. The daily mean temperature was higher than the normal mean temperature 71% of the time.

We only had rain 10 days this month and only 0.1" or precipitation on 5 of those days. Where we ended last month with nearly an inch more precipitation than normal and nearly normal precipitation for the year we are ending this month over 1.75" below normal on both of those measures. I would be starting to worry about a drought if I didn't know that our water doesn't come from here. A check of the reservoir capacity shows that it is near normal for this time of year.

There were more degree days 71% of the time and normal degree days 10% of the time.