Thursday, September 4, 2014

4 September 2014

I was out in Brooklyn tonight hacking and left early to get home in time to see the Moon before it got too low and below my local horizon. I thought that I would be able to observe it until it was directly over 6 Ave but found that by 2230 it was already behind most of the buildings on 40 St opposite Bryant Park. I found that it was visible due Manhattan South (how can that be Manhattan South when looking down 6 Ave should also be Manhattan South) between the Radiator Building and the Empire State building and just on the edge of light pollution rising from the World Trade Center sight.

The Black Cat in the Moon was not as in your face visible tonight as it was last night but if you know where to look you can see him and he becomes more obvious/