Thursday, September 11, 2014

10 September 2014


I had to do it through and in the gaps between clouds but I observed the Black Cat in the Moon again tonight, this time from the SW corner of 6 Ave and 42 St. It is a very noisy place to observe from and I had to talk loudly to the two people who stopped to take a look.. The entire cat was visible and much easier to see than it was on my last attempt.

Adding to the menagerie, I also sighted the Black Sheep in the Moon. S/he is over in Mare Humorum. The ears remind me very much of a lamb. He isn't as in your face there as the Black Cat in the Moon is and I had trouble locating him in my lunar atlas program.


Moon Atlas 3D graphic


Moon Atlas 3D graphic


Moon Atlas 3D annotated with MS Paint





Black Sheep in the Moon Visibility
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
7Sep
Waxing
Gibbous
99%
13 Days
8Sep
Full
Moon
100%
14 Days
9Sep
Waning
Gibbous
99
15 Days
10Sep
Waning
Gibbous
95%
16 Days
11Sep
Waning
Gibbous
88%
17 Days
12Sep
Waning
Gibbous
80%
18 Days

13Sep
Waning
Gibbous
71%
19 Days
14Sep
Waning
Gibbous
61%
20 Days

15Sep
Waning
Gibbous
51%
21 Days

16Sep
Waning
Crescent
41%
22 Days
17Sep
Waning
Crescent
32%
23 Days
18Sep
Waning
Crescent
23%
24 Days

--
19Sep
Waning
Crescent
16%
25 Days

--
20Sep
Waning
Crescent
10%
26 Days

--

Legend

Date
Phase
% Illuminated
Age
Report

seen
not seen
-- in shadow
    no observation