Thursday, March 20, 2008

12 March 2008

Observing LocationWhite Plains Rd @ Cross Bronx Expressway, Bronx, NY
Observational Period0630-0715 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverOvercast
Temperature41°F
WindLight Breeze
HumidityModerate
Barometric Pressure29.69" Hg
Falling
Feels LikeCold

TransparencyPoor
Seeing
InstrumentsNaked-eye - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway

0541 EDTAstronomical Twilight begins
0613 EDTAstronomical Twilight ends
Nautical Twilight begins

TargetISS Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080312.0644 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
I didn’t make a note of how bright this pass was but usually don’t go out for them in the morning unless they are brighter than Mag -1.5, unless I am going to be out for another event anyway, in which case I will go out early if there is an ISS visible pass predicted, which was the case today.
 StartsMax. Alt.Ends
Time0643 EDT0644 EDT0648 EDT
Alt.10°12°10°
Az.NNNNE
Mag 

0645EDTNautical Twilight ends
Civil Twilight begins

TargetIridium 95 Flare
ConstellationDra
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080312.0705:40 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
There is just too much atmosphere up there to see anything.
Alt.52.9°
Az.16.3°
NNE
Mag.-7.6

These two flares were only 31’ 09” distant in space and 12s apart in time.

TargetIridium 33 Flare
ConstellationDra
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080312.0705:52 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
Alt.52.4°
Az.16.2°
NNE
Mag.-5.8

0712 EDTCivil Twilight ends
Sunrise