There was another announcement of the beginning of the new sunspot cycle (Cycle 24) on
Bravenet News yesterday. The first announcement happened way back on
30Jul06 when there was a short-lived group with the reversed polarity that I happened to see. The new report came out on 4Jan08 on
Space.com but I missed it then. There is also a story on
Universe Today and NOAA's prediction for Cycle 24 is on the
Space Environment Center web site.
Father’s sickle is hanging on mother’s Sunday Skirt (New Moon)
Sweedish riddle |
| Observing Location | Parkchester Branch Library, Bronx, NY |
| Observational Period | 1755-1910 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Scattered (?) |
| Temperature | 57°F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.03" Hg Steady |
| Feels Like | Extremely mild |
It has been very warm today with temperatures peaking at around 62°F which may be a redord for the date. At sunset there was scattered cloud which is what I am assuming there is now although I can’t tell one way or the other. I can see Mars but that is all from here.
|
| Instruments | Naked-eye - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Iridium 80 Flare |
| Constellation | Cam |
| Category | Satellite |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20080108.1809 EST |
| Comments | Not Seen
I don’t know if I miss estimated the elevation of the library cornice or if it was too cloudy to see the flare.
| Alt.: | 41.1° |
| Az.: | 31.3° |
| Mag.: | -0.1 |
|
|---|
|