| I started out at 6 Ave and 42 St but there is a slight incline in 42 St to the east so I moved over to 5 Ave where 42 St starts to run downhill to the east but from there the Park Ave bridge was obstructing the horizon. I decided to walk south on 5 Ave knowing that I would be able to observe from 34 St if I didn’t find an acceptable location along the way. And I didn’t so I ended up at Park Ave and 34 St again.
The sun was a little late due to the elevation of the land over in Greenpoint. At 0719 EST there was no sun but the horizon was very bright. By 0721 the sun was partially up. At 0723 it was all the way up and slightly south of the midline of 34 St. By 0725 it was uncomfortably bright to look at without appropriate filtration. And by 0729 from the centerline of 34 St it had already disappeared behind the buildings on the S side of 34 St. |