| Observing Location | CT | ||||||||||||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Observational Period | 1000-1015 EDT | ||||||||||||||||
| Atmospheric Conditions |
The humidity in the air makes it feel cool when you get out of the sun.
| ||||||||||||||||
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie | ||||||||||||||||
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Sunspots Observed
I looked for sunspots on two thirds of the days this month and didn't see any although there were some appearing in the SOHO images.
Observing Hours for the Year 2008
| Day | Night | Total | |||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Hours | Days | Avg | Hours | Days | Avg | Hours | Days | Avg | |
| Jan | 2.25 | 9 | 0.25 | 2.75 | 5 | 0.55 | 5.00 | 13 | 0.38 |
| Feb | 3.25 | 9 | 0.36 | 8.25 | 7 | 1.18 | 11.25 | 12 | 0.94 |
| Mar | 5.25 | 10 | 0.53 | 8.50 | 12 | 0.71 | 13.75 | 16 | 0.86 |
| Apr | 6.25 | 19 | 0.33 | 5.75 | 7 | 0.82 | 12.00 | 19 | 0.63 |
| May | 6.50 | 18 | 0.36 | 2.25 | 5 | 0.45 | 8.75 | 18 | 0.49 |
| Jun | 5.25 | 20 | 0.26 | 12.00 | 8 | 1.50 | 17.25 | 21 | 0.82 |
| TOTAL | 28.75 | 85 | 0.34 | 39.50 | 44 | 0.90 | 68.25 | 100 | 0.68 |
I was surprised that I got as much observing time in this month as I did. I knew I was getting a lot of sessions but they were mostly short ones to observe the Sun or an Iridium flare. They and the few Moon sessions added up.
Climate Summary for June 2008
We had one record-breaking high temperature this month and only 11 days when the mean temperature was below normal. There were 10 days when the low was below normal and 15 days when the high was above normal.
There were 16 days with more than a trace of precipitation.
There have been more than normal cooling degree days all but 11 days this month.
