| Observing Location | CDLD |
| Observational Period | 0930-0945 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Scattered Clouds |
| Temperature | 68° F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.01" Hg Rising |
| Feels Like | Mild |
There is a slight chance of thunderstorms this afternoon with the passage of a cold front. Now there are fair weather cumulus clouds.
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Tau |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20080620.0930 EDT |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 1.01 AU 8m 27s |
| Angular Size | 31' 31.6" |
| Altitude | 43.6° |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | 1.72° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 217.35° |
Parallactic Angle (P) | -7.22° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2071 |
Nothing seen. Group 999 is approaching the meridian on the SOHO images.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|
|---|
|
I got the template problem straightened out with Volume II of the blog and started copying old posts into it. Then I discovered that I had somehow gotten two instances of Volume I open and was placing duplicate copies of all of the February posts into it. I have that cleaned up now and will try to copy a month at a time into Volume II and once everything is there will only place subsequent posts in that blog. For the time being things will go here. Hopefully by the end of July it will all be sorted out.
I keep updating target lists and then not looking at them. This morning I missed a Mag. -7 Iridium flare and at noon the Sun’s alignment with the McGraw-Hill Sun Triangle.
| Observing Location | McGraw Ave @ White Plains Rd, Bronx, NY |
| Observational Period | 2215-2245 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Broken Clouds |
| Temperature | 69.1° F |
| Wind | Light Breeze |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.00" Hg Rising |
| Feels Like | Mild |
It might be overcast but I can see some dark patches in the clouds. The air feels a lttle moist.
|
| Instruments | Naked-eye – Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Iridium 96 Flare |
| Constellation | Leo |
| Category | Satellite |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20080620.2231 EDT |
| Comments | Not Seen
| | Heavens Above | CalSky |
| Time | 2231:24 EDT | 2231:24 EDT |
| Alt. | 26° | 25.9° |
| Az. | 257° WSW | 257.0° WSW |
| Mag. | -7 | -6.3 |
| Surface | | MMA0 |
|
|---|
|
| Target | Iridium 29 Flare |
| Constellation | Leo |
| Category | Satellite |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20080620.2240 EDT |
| Comments | Not Seen
Not having seen the Mag. -7 flare there wasn’t a whole lot of point to staying out for a Mag. -4 but I was already out and the dark patches in the sky were moving around and it was only going to mean 9 minutes less reading tonight so I invested the time.
| | Heavens Above | CalSky |
| Time | 2240:40 EDT | 2240:41 EDT |
| Alt. | 24° | 24.5° |
| Az. | 258° WSW | 258.0° WSW |
| Mag. | -4 | -4.3 |
| Surface | | MMA0 |
|
|---|
|