- 1810 EST
- Sunset
Civil Twilight Begins
- 1837 EDT
- Moonset
- 1838 EST
- Civil Twilight Ends
Nautical Twilight Begins
- 1910 EST
- Nautical Twilight Ends
Astronomical Twilight Begins
| Observation | 701 |
Date Time | 20091019 1910 EST
| Location | Herald Square Lat.: 40.750542° Long: -73.987645° |
| Conditions | It was clear but I was looking up through floodlights illuminating the park from on top of Macy’s. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 1.25 |
| Comments | I could see Vega and Deneb. |
| Observation | 704 |
Date Time | 20091019 1920 EST |
| Location | 7 Abe @ 29 St Lat.: 40.747722° Long: -73.992845° |
| Conditions | The corner is darker than most. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 3.89 |
| Comments | I could see all of the Northern Cross stars but none of the stars in the V behind Deneb. |
| Observation | 705 |
Date Time | 20091019 1940 EST |
| Location | Madison Square Park Lat.: 40.742512° Long: -73.987849° |
| Conditions | It is dark inside the park if you are not neat a street light. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 3.89 |
| Comments | I saw all of the Northern Cross stars but none of the stars in the V behind Deneb. |
- 1942 EST
- Astronomical Twilight Ends
| Observation | 706 |
Date Time | 20091019 1950 EST |
| Location | Union Square Park Lat.: 40.742512° Long: -73.987849° |
| Conditions | The areas without trees obstructing the view of the sky are the most light-polluted. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 3.89 |
| Comments | I could see all of the Northern Cross stars but none of the stars in the V behind Deneb. |
| Observation | 707 |
Date Time | 20091019 2000 EST |
| Location | Washington Square Park Lat.: 40.730798° Long: -73.997282° |
| Conditions | The park is well lit where it is open to the sky and there are floodlights shining upward onto Washington Arch. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 4.55 |
| Comments | I could see all of the stars of the Northern Cross and the two farthest stars of the V behind Deneb. |
| Observation | 708 |
Date Time | 20091019 2020 EST |
| Location | Tompkins Square Park Lat.: 40.725195° Long: -73.981269° |
| Conditions | To e 1 km from the other locations I am surveying I have to stand on the SE corner of the park under a street light so there is more light-pollution than if I were observing from inside the park. |
| Limiting Magnitude | Mag. 4.55 |
| Comments | I saw all of the stars of the Northern Cross and found the two farthest stars of the V, the fainter one with difficulty. This observation was made 10 minutes after the close of the official observation window but was reported anyway. |
Of the last 100 reports submitted all but 9 have been from the USA and most of those from east of the Mississippi.
|