In a Spaceflight Now story that I missed on 6Feb09 it was reported that NASA has again delayed the launch of STS-119. The new target is no no earlier than 22Feb09. They now plan to hold a meeting on 13Feb09 to decide whether or not to hold a meeting on 18Feb09 to set the launch date.
I might have seen Venus tonight. I was at the PATH station at the World Trade Center heading to the World Financial Center to see a silent film. I saw the Moon, which still looked full, above a stripe of cloud and later shining through clouds. When I got to the PATH station there was a bright light shining just off the cornice of one of the WFC buildings. It looked like a helicopter light. I stood there for a while watching it and it didn't move at all although it did dim, assumedly due to passing clouds.