Wednesday, April 2, 2008

2 April 2008

Observing LocationPSC
Observational Period1200-1245 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverIsolated
Temperature44°F
WindGentle Breeze
gusting to
Moderate Breeze
HumidityLow
Barometric Pressure30.27" Hg
Rising
Feels LikeCool

There were only a few stripes of clouds down near the southern horizon.

TransparencyExcellent
SeeingII
Instruments Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway

Target Sunspots
ConstellationPsc
CategorySolar
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.1200 EDT
Comments
Distance
Light Time
1.00 AU
8m 19s
Angular Size32' 02.7"
Altitude52.8°
Heliographic Latitude
(B0)
-6.43°
Heliographic Longitude
(L0)
180.44°
Parallactic Angle
(P)
-26.23°
Carrington rotation number
(CR)
2068

SOHO is still showing Group 987 and Gropu 988 on the western limb but I can't see them in the small binocular.

 Groups SpotsR
North0 0 0
South0 0 0
Total0 0 0
R = (Groups * 10) + Spots)




Observing LocationUnionport Rd @ East Tremont Ave & White Plains Rd @ Cross Bronx Expressway & McGraw Ave between Metropolitan Ave and Pugsley Ave
Observational Period1945-2045 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverScattered Clouds
Temperature45°F
Wind10 MPH
gusting to
20 MPH
HumidityLow
Barometric Pressure30.40" Hg
Rising
Feels LikeVery cold

The wind is a killer tonight. The clouds are low on the southern horizon, just where I need to see.

TransparencyGood
Seeing
InstrumentsNaked-eye - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway
1921 EDTSunset
Civil Twilight begins
1949 EDTCivil Twilight ends
Nautical Twilight begins

TargetISS Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.1952 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
  StartsMax. Alt.Ends
H A
e b
a o
v v
e e
n  
s  
Time1952:29 EDT1953:58 EDT1955:27 EDT
Alt.10°13°10°
Az.NWNNWNNE
Mag0.6

TargetATV Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2015 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
  StartsMax. Alt.Ends
H A
e b
a o
v v
e e
n  
s  
Time2015 EDT EDT EDT
Alt.10°12°10°
Az.NNWNNNE
Mag2.8
2021 EDTNautical Twilight ends
Astronomical Twilight begins

TargetIridium 90 Flare
ConstellationHyd
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2028 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
I suspect that this one was behind the clouds.
 CalSky
Alt.27.1°
Az.139.7°
SE
Mag.-2.3

TargetISS Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2129 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
Since I hadn’t seen the last one and I was down south I didn’t even try for this one.
  StartsMax. Alt.Ends
H A
e b
a o
v v
e e
n  
s  
Time2129 EDT EDT EDT
Alt.10°10°10°
Az.NNN
Mag0.8

TargetIridium 53 Flare
ConstellationHyd
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2031 EDT
CommentsNot Seen
 CalSky
Alt.28.9°
Az.141.5°
SE
Mag.-1.8

TargetIridium 84 Flare
ConstellationLeo
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2039 EDT
Comments I was estimating the location where the flare would occur when it started just to the left of where I was looking. It flared slowly becoming very bright and fading quickly before it passed below Saturn. It was still visible long after it flared.
 CalSky
Alt.56.5°
Az.114.8°
ESE
Mag.-5.9

TargetATV Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080402.2151 EDT
Comments I didn’t stay out for this one since I hadn’t seen the earlier one. The sky was darker but the satellite fainter as well. It was too cold make it worth staying out any longer
  StartsMax. Alt.Ends
H A
e b
a o
v v
e e
n  
s  
Time2151 EDT EDT EDT
Alt.10°10°10°
Az.NWNNNE
Mag0.8
2055 EDTAstronomical Twilight ends