| Observing Location | DR |
| Observational Period | 1030-1215 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Scattered Clouds |
| Temperature | 40° F |
| Wind | Light Breeze gusting to Moderate Breeze |
| Wind Chill Effect | 35° F |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 29.96" Hg Steady |
| Feels Like | Pleasant |
|
| Instruments | West Marine 7x50 Raiatea binocular - Charlie |
Takahashi 102mm F/8.2 refractor - Peter
- 1.5" TeleVue Plossl 32mm, ##° FoV, 31.8x
- 1.25" TV Nagler 13mm, 82° FoV, 97.7x
- 1.25" TV Plossl 7mm, 82° FoV, 181.4x
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
Peter Tagatac |
|---|
Peter and I met at Drip Rock again with the aim of observing sunspots, Venus and hopefully Jupiter. Owing to increasing clouds all we got was the sunspots.
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Aqr |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20100220.1030 EST |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 0.989 AU 8m 13s |
| Angular Size | 32' 24.0" |
| Altitude | 34.2° |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | -7.04 ° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 85.96° |
Parallactic Angle (P) | -19.16° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2093 |
I looked naked-eye and with my binocular and did not see anything. At low power I saw the group and 4 spots in it. At high power I made out 8 spots.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| Low power |
| North | 1 | 4 | 14 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 1 | 4 | 14 |
| High power |
| North | 1 | 8 | 18 |
| South | 0
| 80 | 10 |
| Total | 1 | 8 | 18 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
- Group 1049
-
| Heliographic Latitude | 21° |
| Heliographic Longitude | 131° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2093 |
| Mcintosh System | Cro |
|---|
Based on what Peter told me about the orientation of the image in his scope I judged the group to be in the northern hemisphere but in both the SOHO image and the Raben map it appears as a southern hemisphere.
www.raben.com graphic
When I plotted its location in Helio it showed the exis o fthe sun rotated. When I oriented the graphic to match the telescope view the spot showed to be in the northern hemisphere as I judged it to be.
Helio graphic
I am sure that NASA knows where this spot is and that Peter knows how the image in his scope relates to reality. So I must not understand how to properly use Helio. |
|---|
|