|
". . . It's unpleasantly like being drunk." "What's so unpleasant about being drunk?" "You ask a glass of water."
Ford Prefect and Arthur Dent |
I looked out my window at the sliver of sky I can see, which is to the east, and it was nice and blue so I got dressed to go up to Central Park and try to spot Venus. When I got to the corner I looked down 6 Ave and there were white clouds down about the altitude of the Sun and I hadn’t had lunch yet so I turned around and went back home.
I waent out to dinner with a friend and while walking across 42 St we looked up trying to ffigure out whether or not it was clear out. It looked clear. When I got home I put on long Johns and a winter jacket and went up to TotL where it was overcast with moderate stratus and thicker stripes of cloud visible in various parts of the sky. I could only find six stars and one planet in the whole sky. When I was on my way up to Columbia last Friday it looked like it was clear but as soon as I got into the campus where it is a little more open and the intensity of the area lighting isn't as great the clouds became obvious. I certainly can't judge the condition of the sky from Times Square and particularly not from my room.