Thursday, March 19, 2009

18 March 2009

Observing LocationUniversity Ave @ 14 St; Washington Square Park; Mulberry Street Branch Library, New York, NY
Observational Period1930-2030 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverScattered Clouds
Temperature59° F
WindCalm
HumidityModerate
Barometric Pressure30.04" Hg
Falling
Feels LikeCool

There are stripes of cloud particularly low in the sky. The clouds appear to be worse to the north.

TransparencyGood
Seeing 
InstrumentsNaked-eye - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway

I emailed Kin to say that I was going to observe tonight near Mulberry Street Library if he wanted to join me. When I got to the library I found that they had usurped the reading room for a panel discussion and there was no place to sit and read until dark so I walked north to Barnes & Noble to kill time then headed back south observing along the way and got back to Mulberry Street ~ 2000.

University @ 14 St
1930 EDT

StarConstellationMagnitude
SiriusCMa-1.46
RigelOri0.12
BetelgeuseOri0.50
AlnitakOri2.05
AlnilamOri1.70
MintakaOri2.23
ProcionCMi0.38

Washington Square
1945 EDT

StarConstellationMagnitude
BellatrixOri1.64
λ Ori(detected)Ori
AldeberanTau0.85
Al NathTau1.65
CapellaAur0.08
Al AnzAur2.99
MenkalinanTau1.90

Silver Towers, NYU
1955 EDT

StarConstellationMagnitude
SaiphOri2.06
MurzimCMa1.98
AlhenaGem1.93
CastorGem1.98
PolluxGem1.14

Mulberry Street
2000 EDT

StarConstellationMagnitude
RegulusLeo1.35
AlgiebaLeo2.61
Saturnin Leo
SubraLeo3.52
WasatGem3.53
ζ TauTau3.00
M45 (detected)Tau
Nair Al SaifOri2.77
CursaEri2.79
θ AurigaeAur2.62
ι AurigaeAur2.69
DubheUMa1.79
MerakUMa2.37
PhecdaUMa2.44
AlcorUMa2.27