| Observing Location | Bowery between Astor Place and E 2 St, New York, NY |
| Observational Period | 1915-1945 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Clear |
| Temperature | 45° F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.26" Hg Rising |
| Feels Like | Cool |
Beautiful, perfectly clear, early twilight sky.
|
| Instruments | Naked-eye - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
I was looking for Saturn to confirm my last suspected sighting but didn’t find it. Below are the stars I did see in their order of appearance (or at least when I observed them):
| Star | Constellation | Magnitude |
| Sirius | CMa | -1.46 |
| Procion | CMi | | 0.38
| Rigel | Ori | 0.12 |
| Betelgeuse | Ori | 0.50 |
| Castor | Gem | 1.98 |
| Pollux | Gem | 1.14 |
| Bellatrix | Ori | 1.64 |
| Regulus | Leo | 1.35 |
| Algieba | Leo | 2.61 |
| Alnitak | Ori | 2.05 |
| Alnilam | Ori | 1.70 |
| Mintaka | Ori | 2.23 |
| Aldeberan | Tau | 0.85 |
| Al Nath | Tau | 1.65 |
| Capella | Aur | 0.08 |
| Observing Location | East 3 Street, Bowery to 2 Ave, New York, NY |
| Observational Period | 2045 EDT |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Clear |
| Temperature | 43° F |
| Wind | Calm |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.28" Hg Rising |
| Feels Like | Cool |
|
| Instruments | Naked-eye - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
I went out to try to find Saturn again and immediately saw it over the street. It was brighter than Regulus and I had to look hard and block street lights to find Regulus (m 1.35) and Algieba (m 2.61). I eventually also found Denebola (m 2.14), Zosma (m 2.56) and Chort (m 3.34). I was not able to see any of the Sickle stars except maybe Ras Elased Australis (m 2.98), the nose of the lion.