| Asterope 5.76 | |||
| Pleioe 5.05 | Sterope 6.44 | ||
| Atlas 3.63 & 6.63 | |||
| Alcyone 2.86 & 6.29 | Maia 3.88 & 3.88 | Taygeta 4.30 & 8.10 | |
| Celaeno 5.46 & 7.46 | |||
| Merope 4.17 | Electra 3.71 & 5.71 |
Monday, November 12, 2012
12 November 2012
While observing last night I counted the Pleiades as a way of judging transparency. On a good night I generally count at least five and sometimes six stars but last night I only counted four. And although I know the names of most of the brighter stars I don't know which star goes with which name. So I decided to design a table that I can use to check off which of the stars I can see based on their relative positions. In the process I found that 60% of the bright stars in the cluster are double stars and that, with the exception of Merope, they are all the brightest stars.
When ultimately used the chart will be uncolored except for those stars which were seen.