Sunday, November 11, 2012

11 November 2012

Since the Northern Taurids meteors are supposed to peak at 2300 EST tonight I went out to observe meteors again tonight. I may have seen three but I suspect that what I saw was not meteors. These were not the in your face, look at me - I'm a meteor meteors. On all three occasions what I saw was in downtown Taurus and always heading in the same direction. They were short and faint. Normally I would write this off to light bouncing off my glasses but since these sightings were made during three different hours and Taurus had moved during that timeframe it seems unlikely that street lights would cause reflections in the same area of the sky even though my head was tipped up at different angles. So I am going to call them possible but unconfirmed meteors.







hh / mm00-2930-59
19
000
000
000
000
000
000
20
000
000
000
000
000
000
21
000
000
000
000
001 ?
000
22
1 ?00
000
000
000
000
000
23
1 ?00
000
000
000
000
000
Legend
NENNW
ETotalW
SESSW

Southern Taurids Meteors2 ?
Northern Taurids Meteors1 ?
other meteors0
Total Meteors Observed3 ?