| Observing Location | VP | ||||||||||||||||
|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|---|
| Observational Period | 0815-0830 EDT | ||||||||||||||||
| Atmospheric Conditions |
The sky to the west had smog up to ~15°, gray at the horizon and pink above.
| ||||||||||||||||
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie | ||||||||||||||||
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway |
| ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
I thought I heard a couple of sea gulls in the distance and when I looked up in that direction I saw a flight of geese heading to the SW. They were so high up and I was busy reading to misinterpreted the call. Another sign fall is on the way. When I got home there was a squirrel in front of the building that had a very puffy tail.
|
Squirrel's tail fluffy, winter will be blustery. |
But it is warm right now and I am declaring Indian Summer. It isn't really Indian Summer yet, but close enough. NWS says "true Indian Summer is a period of abnormally warm weather after the first killing frost." We haven't had a killing frost in NYC yet although it was cold here last week.
I checked into NASA TV to see if they had any coverage of the Soyuz TMA-13 launch activities and it seems they are having a problem in ISS due to a teletry black box in the Russian module that put the Station into Survival Mode. They are also having problems with the Station toilet and are going to have to use the one in TMA-12 until it is resolved. This is just what they need when they are getting another three people up there tomorrow.