| Observing Location | Chief Dennis L Devlin Park |
| Observational Period | 0945-1000 EST |
| Atmospheric Conditions |
| Cloud Cover | Clear |
| Temperature | 32°F |
| Wind | 15 MPH gusting to 23 MPH |
| Humidity | Moderate |
| Barometric Pressure | 30.02" Hg Rising |
| Feels Like | Cold Wind Chill 22°F -19°F |
|
| Instruments | Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie |
| Observing Party | Charlie Ridgway
|
|---|
| Target | Sunspots |
| Constellation | Cap |
| Category | Solar |
Time yyyymmdd.hhmm | 20080214.0945 EST |
| Comments |
Distance Light Time | 0.987 AU 8m 13s |
| Angular Size | 33' 26.7" |
| Altitude | 27.1° |
Heliographic Latitude (B0) | -6.78° |
Heliographic Longitude (L0) | 99.69° |
Parallactic Angle (P) | -17.05° |
Carrington rotation number (CR) | 2066 |
Nothing Seen
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|
|---|
|
I discovered today that I have had an incorrect heading in my sunspot reports for the past couple of years. P, which I have been calling Position Angle, is really Parallactic Angle. I think it is the same difference but am correcting my templates to reflect the new knowledge.