Monday, February 11, 2008

11 February 2008

Observing LocationParkchester Library
Observational Period1200-1215 EST
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverClear
Temperature20°F
Wind20 MPH
gusting to
30 MPH
HumidityModerate
Barometric Pressure30.25" Hg
Falling
Feels LikeCold
Wind Chill +1°F

TransparencyExcellent
SeeingII
Instruments Brunton 8x21 compact binocular w/Welco gold shade 14 welder's filter - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway

Target Sunspots
Constellation
CategorySolar
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080211.1200 EST
Comments
Distance
Light Time
0.987 AU
8m 12s
Angular Size32' 27.8"
Altitude35.9°
Heliographic Latitude
(B0)
-6.65°
Heliographic Longitude
(L0)
131.96°
Parallactic Angle
(P)
-16.03°
Carrington rotation number
(CR)
2066

Nothing Seen

 Groups SpotsR
North0 0 0
South0 0 0
Total0 0 0
R = (Groups * 10) + Spots)
There aren’t even any spots on the back side of the Sun now.



Observing LocationHome
Observational Period1815-1830 EDT
Atmospheric Conditions
Cloud CoverClear
Temperature23°F
Wind23 MPH
gusting to
28 MPH
HumidityModerate
Barometric Pressure30.30" Hg
Rising
Feels LikeWind Chill 6°F

It looks clear, as it has been all day today, but I don’t see any stars anywhere out my windows.

TransparencyGood
Seeing
InstrumentsNaked-eye - Charlie
Observing PartyCharlie Ridgway

TargetISS/STS-122 Visible Pass
Constellation
CategorySatellite
Time
yyyymmdd.hhmm
20080211.1815 EDT
CommentsNot Seen

I looked at the wrong listing and was watching 10 minutes too early. This is what I should have been looking for. I started looking to the west and move over to the east and quit looking right about when the satellite was rising in the west. This is what I xhold have been looking for:

StartsTime1828 EST
Alt.horizon
Az.313.9°
Mag.0.6
Max. Alt.Time1832 EST
Alt.16.3°
Az.19.5°
Mag.-2.5
EndsTime1832 EST
Alt.16.2°
Az.24.9°
Mag.-2.5