Sunday, July 18, 2010

18 July 2010

I was supposed to have backed out some past observing reports this weekend. Unfortunately my laptop died during the week and we think it is beyond resuscitation. It was an old machine. I have a new, to me anyway, MacBook on order but it may not arrive until the end of the month. Then it is going to take a while to set it up. Some of my astronomy software is PC only so I am going to have to run a virtual machine and install Windows and the PC programs on it. I had been doing nightly backups of most of my data so I probably haven't lost much. But the back out I had started last weekend was saved to the desktop and that doesn't get backed up. And each time I entered the data into the blog template I deleted it from the Palm log so half of that nights Observations may have been lost forever.