| Nothing Seen
There are spots up there. I know there are. I checked Spaceweather before coming out and they are showing three groups for today although I can see a place in the big image where I think there is one more. They are also saying that the sunspot number for yesterday was 61 which probably means five groups.
 SOHO graphic
I checked Active Regions Explorer and they are showing six groups for today. One of them is only a pore.
 Raben Systems graphic
None of these groups are large enough that I was really expecting to see them in my 7X binocular but gave it a try anyway.
The image is a lot more satisfying with the binocular mounted on the monopod. I think I will be able to pick out some of the moderat-sized groups when they come around. I was surprised at how far I had to extend the monopod to see up to 70° even when I was seated. To see at zenith it is going to take all but the last 6” of the 77” extension the monopod is capable of.
| | Groups | Spots | R |
| North | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| South | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| Total | 0 | 0 | 0 |
| R = (Groups * 10) + Spots) |
|