Thursday, September 25, 2008

25 September 2008

On 21Sep08 Peter posted in his blog (Top of the Lawn) an image from one of his devices showing that the terminator on earth was vertical looking like bookends. Today is another bookend day. Sunrise this morning was at 0647 EDT and sunset tonight will be at 1847 EDT, exactly 12 hours later (desregarding any seconds).

We aren't going to see sunset today. There is a deep low pressure system with a steep pressure gradient off the Carolinas that is working its way up the east coast. The winds have already begin to pick up and gusts are supposed to reach 45 MPH before it is over. It will be rainy until Monday.


NOAA graphic

I am going to try to graph this system as it passes through Monday. I am having trouble with Excel though. I am trying to fit 10# in a 5# bag and Excel doesn't like it. The display and formatting are getting erratic.