I have done some research on it and verified that is indeed a local graze. The graze centerline will pass close by the Metro North train stations at Glenwood and Mamaroneck, Westchester County, NY.
Checking the limp profile I found that the best place to observe from would be at -1.5km from the centerline.
I checked the Metro North train schedule and there would be one train returning from Glenwood after the graze is over so that location would be usable.
I checked where I would have to be in that area to be -1.5km from the graze centerline and determined that it would be half way between the Glenwood and Greystone Metro North stations, about 0.75mi from each.
Then I started researching where the star and Moon would be at that time. All the reference material says the graze will occurr at 10Jan2015 0405 UT which translates to 10Jan2015 00005 EST. When I plug that into my planetarium software the Moon is nowhere near 58 Leonis. By playing with the date and time I found that the graze will happen here around 9Jan2015 2240 EST.
The planetarium says the Moon will only be 17°: above the eastern horizon at the time the graze starts which didn't sound too bad until I realized that I would likely be looking into a mountain.
So I checked out Mamaroneck. Things look a lot more promising there.


